Listed in National List, Ontario
A Legal Tradition in the York Region since 1926.
In 1942 Ken Stiver, who had been practicing law in Newmarket since 1926, went on active service as an Officer in the Queen's York Rangers. To ensure that his clients continued to be served in his absence, he merged his practice with that of Mathews, Lyons and Vale. Upon Colonel Stiver's return in 1945, he rejoined the practice.
When, in the 1950s, Mathews and Lyons relocated to Toronto, the firm continued as Stiver Vale. While the firm has had variations over the years, Stiver Vale has continued to provide clients with dedicated, quality service for over 70 years. Stiver Vale alumnae include members of the bench, and many respected lawyers who have received their early training at Stiver Vale, either as articling students or as junior lawyers.
195 Main Street South, Newmarket, Ontario