Listed in National List, Ontario
Wishart Law Firm LLP can trace its beginnings to the day in 1900 when the McFadden brothers hung out their shingle.
Moses and Uriah McFadden set up office at the intersection of Brock and Queen Street. They practiced together until Moses was appointed to the bench in 1915. Ernest McMillan, a young lawyer from Prince Edward Island, then joined the firm.
When Uriah McFadden was appointed a judge in 1931, Ernest brought his younger brother, Gordon to the City of Sault Ste. Marie to join him in the practice of law. The firm was known as McMillan and McMillan until 1939, when Arthur Wishart, a New Brunswick-born lawyer, left his practice in Blind River to come to Sault Ste. Marie. The name of the firm was changed to Wishart and McMillan. By the end of World War II, illness had forced Gordon McMillan to leave the firm.
390 Bay Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- (705) 949-6700