Top stories this week for HR professionals, business leaders and employment lawyers include:
• WorkSafe NB’s vaccination mandate did not violate collective agreement: Arbitrator
• The FTC wants to ban employers in U.S. from using non-compete clauses on workers
• Settlement reached in CIBC unpaid overtime class-action lawsuits
• ‘Lost in the mists of time’: Case of Nova Scotia construction worker puts spotlight on fact they’re not entitled to termination pay
• Opinion: What’s taking Canada’s Armed Forces so long to tackle sexual misconduct?